Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) R80.20
The CCSE course validates your understanding and skills necessary to configure and optimally manage Check Point Next Generation Firewalls.
(Supported Versions: R80.10, R80.20)
Expert users and resellers who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of Check Point Software Blades.
- CCSA training/certification
- Working knowledge of Windows, UNIX, networking, TCP/IP, and the Internet.
- Identify advanced CLI commands.
- Understand system management procedures, including how to perform system upgrades and apply patches and hotfixes.
- Describe the Check Point Firewall infrastructure.
- Describe advanced methods of gathering important gateway data using CPView and CPInfo.
- Recognize how Check Point’s flexible API architecture supports automation and orchestration.
- Discuss advanced ClusterXL functions.
- Describe VRRP network redundancy advantages.
- Undersand how SecureXL acceleration technology is used to enhance and improve performance.
- Understand how CoreXL acceleration technology is used to enhance and improve performance.
- Identify the SmartEvent components that store network activity logs and identify events.
- Discuss the SmartEvent process that determines which network activities may lead to security issues.
- Understand how SmartEvent can assist in detecting, remediating, and preventing security threats.
- Discuss the Mobile Access Software Blace and how it secures communication and data.
- Understand Mobile Access deployment options.
- Recognize Check Point Remote Access solutions.
- Discuss Check Point Capsule components and how they protect mobile devices and business documents.
- Discuss diferent Check Point Solutions for attacks such as zero-day and Advanced Persistent Threats.
- Understand how SandBlast, Threat Emulation, and Threat Extraction prevent security incidents.
- Identify how Check Point Mobile Threat Prevention can help protect data accessed on company-issued smartphones and tablets.
• System Management
• Automation and Orchestration
• Mobile and Remote Access
• Threat Prevention
• Upgrading a Security Management Server to R80.10
• Applying Check Point Hotfixes
• Configuring a New Security Gateway Cluster
• Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration
• Configuring Manual Network Address Translation
• Managing Objects Using the Check Point API
• Enabling Check Point VRRP
• Deploying a Secondary Security Management Server
• Viewing the Chain Modules
• Working with SecureXL
• Working with CoreXL
• Evaluating Threats with SmartEvent
• Managing Mobile Access
• Understanding IPS Protections
• Deploying IPS Geo Protection
• Reviewing Threat Prevention Settings and Protections