Administering System Centre Configuration Manager Training (20703-1)
This official Microsoft five-day Administering System Centre Configuration Manager (20703-1) training course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources.
You will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimise System Centre Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Analyse data by using queries and reports.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses or by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities:
- Course 8443: Administering Windows Server 2012
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
Module 2: Analysing data using queries and reports
Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
Module 10: Managing compliance and secure data access
Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site