Administering System Centre Configuration Manager (20703-1)
This official Microsoft five-day Administering System Centre Configuration Manager (20703-1) training course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources.
You will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimise System Centre Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports.
- Describe the features Configuration Manager and Intune include, and explain how you can use these features to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Analyse data by using queries and reports.
- Prepare a management infrastructure, including configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and resource discovery, and integrating mobile-device management with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses or by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through hands-on activities:
- Course 8443: Administering Windows Server 2012
Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
Analysing data using queries and reports
Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
Deploying and managing clients
Managing inventory for PCs and applications
Distributing and managing content used for deployments
Deploying and managing applications
Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
Managing compliance and secure data access
Managing operating system deployment
Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
Kursen levereras genom utbildningspartner: Learning Tree