AZ-204 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (Live webinar)
This course teaches developers how to create end-to-end solutions in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to implement Azure compute solutions, create Azure Functions, implement and manage web apps, develop solutions utilizing Azure storage, implement authentication and authorization, and secure their solutions by using KeyVault and Managed Identities.
- Create Azure App Service Web Apps
- Implement Azure functions
- Develop solutions that use blob storage
- Develop solutions that use Cosmos DB storage
- Implement IaaS solutions
- Implement user authentication and authorisation
- Implement secure cloud solutions
- Implement API Management
- Develop App Service Log Apps
- Develop Event-based solutions
- Develop message-based solutions
- Monitor and potimize Azure solutions
Students in this course are interested in Azure development or in passing the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certification exam.
To be successful in this course, learners should have the following:
- Hands-on experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions, and the Azure Portal.
- Ability to write code to connect and perform operations on, a SQL or NoSQL database product. (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar)
- Experience writing code to handle authentication, authorisation, and other security principles at the intermediate level.
- A general understanding of HTML, the HTTP protocol and REST API interfaces.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Training
Module 1: Create Azure App Service web apps
Learn how Azure App Service functions and how to create and update an app. Explore App Service authentication and authorisation, configuring app settings, scale apps, and how to use deployment slots.
Module 2: Implement Azure functions
Learn how to create and deploy Azure Functions. Explore hosting options, bindings, triggers, and how to use Durable Functions to define stateful workflows.
Module 3: Develop solutions that use Blob storage
Learn how to create Azure Blob storage resources, manage data through the blob storage lifecycle, and work with containers and items by using the Azure Blob storage client library V12 for .NET.
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB
Learn how to create Azure Cosmos DB resources with the appropriate consistency levels, choose and create a partition key, and perform data operations by using the .NET SDK V3 for Azure Cosmos DB.
Module 5: Implement infrastructure as a service solutions
Learn how to create and deploy virtual machines, deploy resources using Azure Resource Manager templates, and manage and deploy containers.
Module 6: Implement user authentication and authorisation
Learn how to implement authentication and authorisation to resources by using the Microsoft identity platform, Microsoft Authentication Library, shared access signatures, and use Microsoft Graph.
Module 7: Implement secure cloud solutions
Learn how to deploy apps more securely in Azure by using Azure Key Vault, managed identities, and Azure App Configuration.
Module 8: Implement API Management
Learn how the API Management service functions, how to transform and secure APIs, and how to create a backend API.
Module 9: Develop event-based solutions
Learn how to build applications with event-based architectures by integrating Azure Event Grid and Azure Event Hubs into your solution.
Module 10: Develop message-based solutions
Learn how to build applications with message-based architectures by integrating Azure Service Bus and Azure Queue Storage into your solution.
Module 11: Instrument solutions to support monitoring and logging
Learn how to instrument apps to enable Application Insights to monitor performance and help troubleshoot issues.
Module 12: Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
Learn how to improve the performance and scalability of your applications by integrating Azure Cache for Redis and Azure Content Delivery Network into your solution.