Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Troubleshooting and Tuning
This Oracle GoldenGate 12c Troubleshooting and Tuning training teaches you how to gather and examine evidence; you’ll also learn to solve case problems, diagnose their cause and find methods of resolution. Each of these practices challenges you to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue using GoldenGate software.
- På plats (kursen hålls i klassrum)
- Online (kursen hålls som en lärarledd interaktiv onlineutbildning
- Monitor and tune performance
- Gather evidence to help troubleshoot problems
- Use troubleshooting tools
- Familiarize with the latest tools to troubleshoot Integrated Extract/Replicat
- Describe solutions for the most common problems
- Familiarity with the Oracle Database
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c R2: Fundamentals for Oracle
- Use GGSCI commands for gathering process evidence.
- Use the Oracle GoldenGate troubleshooting tools like Knowledge Documents, Documentation, SHOWSYNTAX parameter and the Logdump utility.
- Troubleshoot problems in areas such as extraction, replication, missed transactions, mapping, synchronization, SQLEXEC, file maintenance and more.
- Identify what causes slow startups.
- Monitor lag and statistics.
- Identify network and disk bottlenecks.
- Perform tuning of Manager, Extract and Replicate.
- Diagnose and tune the latest Integrated Extract, available since release 126.96.36.199 of the Oracle RDBMS, and Integrated Replicat, available since release 12c of the Oracle RDBMS.
Benefits to You
- By enrolling in this course, you'll develop deeper knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate 12c performance tuning methods. Expert instructors will teach you how to identify the causes of slow startups, evaluate lag statistics and solve network and disk bottlenecks. Utilize all of the existing GoldenGate tools, such as GGSCI and Logdump, the health check scripts and the Streams Performance Advisor (UTL_SPADV) to troubleshoot system issues occurring to both classic extract/replicat and integrated extract/replicate.
- This training is on a Linux platform; however many of the troubleshooting techniques are equally applicable to a Windows or iSeries platform. The databases used for source and target are Oracle 12cR1. Many of the techniques are also applicable to DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.