VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
- Kursnummer: VMW_VSOS67
- Lunch ingår
- Kursmaterial ingår
This five-day course will teach you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 6.7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you will discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course will deepen your understanding of vSphere and how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
Note: This course is based on beta software.
The course is based on VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server™ 6.7.
This course is delivered through VMware and can be held in other venues than Arrow Education. Specific agreements and discounts do not apply to this course.
- Experienced system administrators
- Systems engineers
- System integrators
Completion of one of the following courses:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course.
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server.
Experience with working at the command line is highly recommended.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
• Use VMware vSphere® Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Shell to
• Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
• Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ and host profiles to provision VMware ESXi™ hosts and manage
ESXi host compliance
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi
• Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
• Harden the vSphere environment against security threats
• Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
This course prepares you for the following certification:
• VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)
- • Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
• Identify additional resources for after this course
• Identify other VMware Education offerings
- • Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches
• Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring, LACP, QoS tagging, and NetFlow
- • Explain VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration, VMware vSphere® API for Storage Awareness™, and vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering
• Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
• Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Contro
4.Host and Management Scalability
- • Define and use content libraries
• Describe and use host profiles
• Describe and use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI and vSphere Auto Deploy
- • Explain the CPU scheduler operation, NUMA support, and other features that affect CPU performance
• Use esxtop to monitor key CPU performance metrics
- • Explain ballooning, memory compression, and host-swapping techniques for memory reclamation when memory is overcommitted
• Use esxtop to monitor key memory performance metrics
- • Describe storage queue types and other factors that affect storage performance
• Use esxtop to monitor key storage performance metrics
- • Explain the performance features of network adapters
• Explain the performance features of vSphere networking
• Use esxtop to monitor key network performance metrics
9.vCenter Server Performance Optimization
- • Describe the factors that influence vCenter Server performance
• Monitor VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ resource usage
- • Configure ESXi host access and authorization
• Secure ESXi, vCenter Server, and virtual machines
• Use VMware Certificate Authority to configure vSphere certificate management
• Configure vSphere to encrypt virtual machines, core dumps and VMware vSphere® vMotion® migrations