DevOps Foundation® (DOFD)
This course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster. Improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster.
The course includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts, highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes and technology) and addresses the organisational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture.
The training reinforces learning through practical hands-on assignments.
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the benefits to the business and IT
- Explore principles and practices including CI, CD, testing, security, and the Three Ways
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Optimise improved work flows, communication, and feedback loops
- Identify automation practices, including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Use real-world examples to understand the ROI of DevOps initiative
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification
- Participate in unique activities designed to apply training
- Take sample documents, templates, tools, and techniques with you post-training
- Access to DevOps Institute additional sources of information and communities
- Real-Life case studies are weaved throughout the course
Familiarity with IT software development and operations responsibilities
Pre-class assignment: Read “DevOps – The Basics.” This reading will be provided to attendees via email. Please allow 30 minutes (18 pages) to complete this assignment.
Module 1: What is DevOps?
- Definition, Goals, and Stakeholders
- Why Now?
- What’s driving the Business and IT
- Recent findings
Module 2: The Business Perspective & Outcome Economy
- The Golden Circle-Business ‘Why’
- Business Value of DevOps
Module 3: The IT Perspective
- Cultural and Technical Challenges
- Can IT be Bi-modal?
Module 4: DevOps Principles
- The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
Module 5: DevOps Practises
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
Module 6: Agile Frameworks
- Agile Service Management
- Value Stream Mapping
- Improvement Kata
Module 7: DevOps Culture
- What is Culture?
- Cultural Debt
- Managing Culture Change
- Managing Conflict
Module 8: Automation
- Enablers, Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
Module 9: Lean as a DevOps Value
- DevOps Metrics
Module 10: DevOps in the Enterprise
- Organisational Considerations
- DevOps Teams
Module 11: Getting Started
- Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors
Module 12: Exam Review
- Exam Review
Kursen levereras genom utbildningspartner: Learning Tree