DevOps Foundation® (DOFO)
This course provides an introduction to DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster. Improving the ability of IT to produce software faster improves the ability of the business to deliver value to customers faster.
The course includes an extensive collection of basic DevOps terms and concepts, highlights all aspects of DevOps (people, processes and technology) and addresses the organisational change aspects of adopting a DevOps culture. The training reinforces learning through practical hands-on assignments.
- Participate in unique activities designed to apply training
- Take sample documents, templates, tools and techniques with you post-training
- Access to DevOps Institute additional sources of information and communities
- Real-Life case studies are weaved throughout the course
Du kommer lära dig att:
- Articulate DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Demonstrate the benefits to the business and IT
- Explore principles and practises including CI, CD, testing, security and the Three Ways
- Align DevOps with other frameworks like Agile, Lean and ITSM
- Optimise improved work flows, communication and feedback loops
- Identify automation practises including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
- Understand critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Use real-world examples to understand ROI of DevOps initiative
- Identify how best to scale DevOps for the enterprise
- Achieve the DevOps Institute Foundation Certification
What is DevOps?
- Definition, Goals, and Stakeholders
- Why Now?
- What’s driving the Business and IT
- Recent findings
The Business Perspective & Outcome Economy
- The Golden Circle-Business ‘Why’
- Business Value of DevOps
The IT Perspective
- Cultural and Technical Challenges
- Can IT be Bi-modal?
- The Three Ways (Phoenix Project)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Agile Service Management
- Value Stream Mapping
- Improvement Kata
- What is Culture?
- Cultural Debt
- Managing Culture Change
- Managing Conflict
- Enablers, Benefits, Terms and First Steps for Getting Started
- DevOps Toolchains
- Deployment Pipeline
- The exam is taken in-class and is included in the course tuition fee
- The exam consists of:
- 40 multiple choice questions, closed book
- 60 min, additional 15 minutes is granted to non-native English speakers
- 65% pass
- To maintain the value and integrity of the certification, all candidates are required to attend approved DOI classes through one of the DOI REPs (Registered Education Providers) to be eligible to sit the exam.
- Sample Paper and Exams are based on Foundation v3.10