SAFe Release Train Engineer 5 .0 - Online
We are are very proud to present this amazing SAFe Release Train Engineer 5.0 course with SAFe Fellow Carl StarendalThis is a unique opportunity to certify as an RTE together with one of the key contributors to the course curriculum and SAFe Fellow & SPCT Carl Starendal. As an employee at Scaled Agile, he was directly involved in the creation of the RTE course and is also a highly acclaimed trainer and has a background as an RTE himself.
Attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching—by becoming a SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning in this SAFe Release Train Engineer 5.0 course with SAFe Fellow Carl Starendal attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam: Hold at least one current SAFe certification & have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI.
Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
Applying SAFe Principles in the RTE role
Organizing the ART
Advanced practices for Planning a Program Increment
Advanced practices for Executing a Program Increment
Value Stream Mapping techniques
How to foster Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
Vad ingår i kurspriset:
High quality training delivered by SAFe Fellow and SPCT Carl Starendal
Membership in the “We Are Movement” slack community
One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Attendee workbook (physical if in-room and digital if online)
Light breakfast, lunch and afternoon coffee every day in training (during public in-person training)
High quality course venue (for public in-person training)
- Certification exam for the SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification (RTE)
THE SAFe RTE ONLINE TRAINING EXPERIENCE
The online RTE course will take a total of 35 hours online spread out over six days. The setup for the course is two shorter sessions where we start the course and end the course, and the main learning takes place during one week over four days (Monday-Thursday) divided into two sessions with one before a 1 hour lunch-break and one after lunch each day. We are also offering an optional “after course” online meetup and lean coffe for all attendees and instructors 2 weeks after the course to help anyone who is studying for the exam.
The course takes place in Zoom and we will use Slack for chat before, during and after the course, and for whiteboarding and exercises we will use the application Miro. All attendees need a fast internet connection and a laptop or stationary computer with a web camera and microphone/speakers to attend and the ability to install the Zoom native app on the computer.
The timing and flow of the days are as follows in the CET timezone for the SAFe Release Train Engineer 5.0 course at We Are Movement:
- Pre-course work: Instructions over email two weeks before, this is a few hours of work done offline by the attendee
- February 26th – Startup Day: 08:30-12:00 – Setting up tooling, teamwork and teaching the first lesson in the course
- March 2nd – Training Day 1: 08:30-12:00 + 13:00-16:30 – Teaching day 1
- March 3rd – Training Day 2: 08:30-12:00 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 2
- March 4th – Training Day 3: 08:30-12:00 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 3
- March 5th – Training Day 4: 08:30-12:00 + 13:00-16.30 – Teaching day 4
- March 12th – Ending Day: 08:30-12:00 – Teaching the last lesson in the course and preparing for the RTE exam and creating an “RTE action plan”
- Optional – after-course meetup: Online 1,5 hour lean-coffee with the attendees and the instructors, date is booked during the ending day
- Online Exam: Done by the attendee at home/online within 30 days