Automating Administration with PowerShell
This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows servers. This course provides students the skills to identify and build the command they require to perform a specific task. In addition, students learn how to build scripts to accomplish advanced tasks such as automating repetitive tasks and generating reports.
- Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands.
- Identify and run cmdlets for local system administration.
- Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
- Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
- Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
- Write basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
- Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell.
- Manage Azure resources with PowerShell.
- Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell.
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows client administration, and who want to learn more about using Windows PowerShell for administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell or any scripting language is assumed.
This course is also suitable for IT Professionals already experienced in server administration, including Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, and System Centre.
- Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
- Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Module 1: Getting started with Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Windows PowerShell for local systems administration
Module 3: Working with the Windows PowerShell pipeline
Module 4: Using PSProviders and PSDrives
Module 5: Querying management information by using CIM and WMI
Module 6: Working with variables, arrays, and hash tables
Module 7: Windows PowerShell scripting
Module 8: Administering remote computers with Windows PowerShell
Module 9: Managing Azure resources with PowerShell
Module 10: Managing Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell
Module 11: Using background jobs and scheduled jobs
Kursen levereras genom utbildningspartner: Learning Tree