Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I (JB248)
Install, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss EAP.
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam.
Course content summary
- Installing and run JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode and domain mode
- Configuring a domain
- Deploying applications to JBoss EAP 7
- Configuring the datasource subsystem
- Configuring Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ
- Configuring the logging subsystem
- Configuring the web subsystem
- Implementing application security in JBoss EAP 7
- Configuring the batch subsystem
- An introduction to clustering
Unsure where your Red Hat JBoss Administration skills are? Take our JBoss Administration skills assessment to find out.
Audience for this course
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
Prerequisites for this course
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
Note: No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
- Overview of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP)
- Configure JBoss EAP in standalone mode
- Script configure and deploy applications
- Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform as a managed domain
- Configure servers in a managed domain
- Configure datasources
- Configure the logging subsystem
- Configure the messaging subsystem
- Secure JBoss EAP
- Configure the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Configure the web subsystem
- Deploy clustered applications
- Configure the batch subsystem
- Discover new features in JBoss EAP 7
- Comprehensive Review of Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact a training specialist online.
Mål med utbildningen
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to minimize time to market for applications, and to simplify administration tasks. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to increase application stability and cut costs for managing applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to manage JBoss EAP 7 in both standalone mode and a managed domain with both the EAP CLI and web console.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode or as a managed domain.
- Configure the new batch subsystem.
- Administer the HornetQ messaging subsystem.
- Secure applications deployed on JBoss EAP.
- Customize server logging.
- Create and manage datasource connections to databases.
- Manage JBoss EAP clustering.