Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110)
Introduction to Red Hat OpenStack Platform and the deployment of virtual cloud servers and applications
Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, use, and maintain Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0.
Course content summary
The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas; and configuring images at instantiation.
- Launch an instance.
- Manage projects, quotas, and users.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Create and manage block and object storage in the OpenStack framework.
- Customize instances with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable stacks.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using RHOSP director.
Målgrupp och förkunskaper
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
Prerequisites for this course
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Introduce launching an instance
- Organize people and resources
- Describe cloud computing
- Manage Linux networks
- Prepare to deploy an instance with public access
- Deploy an instance
- Manage block storage
- Manage object storage
- Prepare to deploy an external instance
- Deploy an instance with public access
- Customize instances
- Deploy scalable stacks
- Install an OpenStack overcloud
- Lab: Comprehensive review of CL110
- Review tasks in the Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact one of our Red Hatters.
Mål med utbildningen
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to utilize and manage the daily operation of a private cloud. A private cloud can reduce costs through fine-grained resource control, simplifying regulatory compliance, and permitting easier integration with legacy systems.
Using the skills taught by this course, users and operators will be able to create and use project resources built of networks and services running running templated applications, in customizable and adaptable configurations, virtually eliminating the need to build physical systems for any new projects. This release brings major enhancements and stabilization, including service containerization, new installation and management tools, a newly designed application load balancing component, and a significant expansion of features supported by the OpenStack CLI. Also, clients can use various installation tools, most noticeably PackStack, which is completely deprecated.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the architecture of a private or hybrid OpenStack cloud infrastructure and will be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot software-defined network services, resources, servers, and applications for dynamically scalable business environments.
You should also be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement on-demand projects, software-defined networks, and virtual machine instances.
- Deploy a proof-of-concept OpenStack installation for practice, development, demonstration, and testing, back in your own home or business computing environment.
- Manage software-defined networks such as subnets, routers, floating IP addresses, images, flavors, security groups/rules, and block and object storage.
- Create and customize advanced VM instances as applications, customize on deploy, and create scalable stacks of multiple VM applications.
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210)
Choose to learn the OpenStack version that matches your company's infrastructure, either as currently built or as planned for upgrade in the near future.
Red Hat strongly recommends pursuing the same Red Hat OpenStack Platform version when scheduling each course and exam in the OpenStack curriculum path. Red Hat OpenStack Administration II is based on OpenStack 10.0, but will also be available on OpenStack 13.0 soon, with the title of Red Hat OpenStack Administration II: Infrastructure Configuration for Cloud Administrators (CL210)
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration (CEPH125)