Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
Get the skills required to deploy and manage virtual environmentsRed Hat Virtualization (RH318) helps IT professionals acquire the skills needed to deploy, administer, and operate virtual machines in their organization using Red Hat® Virtualization.This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 4.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux®7.3.
Through numerous hands-on exercises, you will deploy and configure Red Hat Virtualization and use it to provision and manage virtual machines. This course also prepares you for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization certification exam.
Course content summary
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization
- Configuring networking and storage for use with Red Hat
- Managing user accounts and access to the Red Hat Virtualization environment
- Installing and managing virtual machines in Red Hat Virtualization
- Using templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Managing virtual machine snapshots and images
- Backing up and upgrading Red Hat Virtualization
- Migrating virtual machines and exploring high availability options
Målgrupp och förkunskaper
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
Prerequisites for this course
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Red Hat Virtualization overview
- Explain the purpose and architecture of Red Hat Virtualization.
Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization
- Install a minimal Red Hat Virtualization environment and use it to create a virtual machine.
Creating and managing datacenters and clusters
- Organize hypervisors into groups using datacenters and clusters.
Managing user accounts and roles
- Configure user accounts using a central directory service.
- Assign access to resources based on job responsibilities using roles.
Adding physical hosts
- Add additional Red Hat Virtualization hosts automatically, and move and remove hosts from datacenters as needed.
Managing Red Hat Virtualization networks
- Separate network traffic into multiple networks on one or more interfaces to improve the performance and security of Red Hat Virtualization.
Managing Red Hat Virtualization storage
- Create and manage data and ISO storage domains.
Deploying and managing virtual machines
- Operate virtual machines in the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
Migrating virtual machines
- Migrate and control automatic migration of virtual machines.
Managing virtual machine images
- Manage virtual machine snapshots and disk images.
Automating virtual machine deployment
- Automate deployment of virtual machines by using templates and cloud-init.
Backing up and upgrading Red Hat Virtualization
- Back up, restore, and upgrade Red Hat Virtualization.
Exploring high-availability practices
- Explain procedures to improve resilience and reliability of Red Hat Virtualization by removing single points of failure and implementing high-availability features.
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization, using it to create and manage virtual machines, and by backing up and updating components of Red Hat Virtualization.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist online.
Mål med utbildningen
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to improve efficiency within a virtualization environment. Expected results include reducing IT infrastructure costs by virtualizing more workloads on less hardware while avoiding vendor lock-in. This class will train virtualization administrators to work more efficiently by using Red Hat Virtualization to deploy, manage, and monitor virtualization environments. Doing so will result in faster response times for users requesting and using virtualized resources.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to create and deploy Red Hat Virtualization and virtual servers. Using a single, full-service management interface, Red Hat Virtualization Manager, you will be able to configure, manage, and migrate systems within the virtualization environment.