SC-400 Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
Learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment. This course focuses on data governance and information protection within your organisation. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Office 365 message encryption amongst other related topics. The course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft Information Protection Administrator exam (SC-400).
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft security and compliance technologies.
- Basic knowledge of information protection concepts.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts.
- Understanding of Microsoft 365 products and services.
The Information Protection Administrator plans and implements controls that meet organisational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist organisational control owners to become and stay compliant. They work with information technology (IT) personnel, business application owners, human resources, and legal stakeholders to implement technology that supports policies and controls necessary to sufficiently address regulatory requirements for their organisation. They also work with the compliance and security leadership such as a Chief Compliance Officer and Security Officer to evaluate the full breadth of associated enterprise risk and partner to develop those policies. This person defines applicable requirements and tests IT processes and operations against those policies and controls. They are responsible for creating policies and rules for content classification, data loss prevention, governance, and protection.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Describe the information governance configuration process.
- Define key terms associated with Microsoft’s information protection and governance solutions.
- Explain the Content explorer and Activity explorer.
- Describe how to use sensitive information types and trainable classifiers.
- Review and analyse DLP reports.
- Identify and mitigate DLP policy violations.
- Describe the integration of DLP with Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS).
- Deploy Endpoint DLP
- Describe records management
- Configure event driven retention
- Import a file plan
- Configure retention policies and labels
- Create custom keyword dictionaries
- Implement document fingerprinting
Module 1: Implement Information Protection in Microsoft 365
Organisations require information protection solutions to protect their data against theft and accidental loss. Learn how to protect your sensitive information. Learn how Microsoft 365 information protection and governance solutions help you protect and govern your data, throughout its lifecycle – wherever it lives, or wherever it travels. Learn about the information available to help you understand your data landscape and know your data. Learn how to use sensitive information types to support your information protection strategy. Learn about how sensitivity labels are used to classify and protect business data while making sure that user productivity and their ability to collaborate are not hindered.
Module 2: Implement Data Loss Prevention in Microsoft 365
In this module we discuss how to implement data loss prevention techniques to secure your Microsoft 365 data. Learn how to discover, classify, and protect sensitive and business-critical content throughout its lifecycle across your organisation. Learn how to configure and implement data loss prevention policies and integrate them with Microsoft Cloud App Security. Learn how to respond to and mitigate data loss policy violations.
Module 3: Implement Information Governance in Microsoft 365
In this module you will learn how to plan and implement information governance strategies for an organisation. Learn how to manage your content lifecycle using solutions to import, store, and classify business-critical data so you can keep what you need and delete what you don't. Learn how to manage retention for Microsoft 365, and how retention solutions are implemented in the individual Microsoft 365 services. Learn how to use intelligent classification to automate and simplify the retention schedule for regulatory, legal, and business-critical records in your organisation.
Kursen levereras genom utbildldningspartner: Learning Tree